Sunday, November 25, 2007

Blagodaram Den (Thankyou Day)




Explaining the American holiday of Thanksgiving was fun. We had traditional turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and even pumpkin pie! I volunteered to make the GB casserole and substituted onion rings for the friend onions! Haha. It was still pretty good. We invited 2 families and Jane over for dinner. They were all very skeptical of the new dishes. But I think they ended up liking them. While I was at Top Shop buying frozen green beans, I got to share with Roza, one of my fav ladies there, about how Thanksgiving is a day when we say Thankyou to God for all of the ways He has blessed us through the year. Well, I was kinda embaressed cause I got a little emotional. But she was really touched. It was cool how all day long I got to share with people about this day. Just one more way we can share our faith :)

1 comment:

ktmarie said...

Karen! Great pics and awesome story!